Music by green day lyrics by billie joe armstrong
book by bILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG AND MICHAEL MAYER
Directed by Donald Horn Musical Director - Jonathan Quesenberry
Choreographer - Sarah Martins Sound Design - David Petersen
Lighting Design - Jeff Woods Stage Manager - Jason Coffey
The two-time Tony Award winning hit musical American Idiot, based on Green Day's Grammy Award winning multi-platinum album, boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. The high-octane show includes every song from Green Day's album American Idiot, as well as several songs from follow-up release, 21st Century Breakdown. Johnny, Tunny, and Will struggle to find meaning in a post 9/11 world. When the three disgruntled men flee the constraints of their hometown for the thrills of the city life, their paths are quickly estranged when Tunny enters the armed forces, Michael is called back home to attend familial responsibilities, and Johnny's attention becomes divided by a seductive love interest and a hazardous new friendship. The energy-fueled rock opera, American Idiot, features little dialogue and instead relies on the lyrics from Green Day's groundbreaking album to execute the story line.
CAST OF AMERICAN IDIOT
Johnny - Dave Cole Tunny - Kimo Camat Will - Ethan Crystal
Whatshername - Lauren Steele Heather - Kelsey Bentz Extraodinary Girl - Jimmie Herrod
Miguel - Michel Castillo Joshua - Peter Liptak Alysha - Carrier Morgan
St Jimmy - Dale Johannes
The More You Know
- Green Day's American Idiot is a Oregon Premiere
- The show runs every Thursday-Saturday from June 9th-July 2nd
- Evening performances start at 7:30
- No Sunday Matinee Performances
- NO LATE SEATING FOR ANY PERFORMANCE
- You can access your tickets from your smart phone. Click here to read how!
- Our theatre provides free parking for every performance. The main lot is located on 17th & Sandy to the west side of the building. This is also our handicap entrance. The second lot is adjacent to the building on 18th & Sandy. In addition, all street parking is free.
- This season, triangle will be bringing a full bar to the theatre. We are in the process of completing paperwork and will begin expanding our concessions into our new Concession Room. Stay tuned for details.
- For nearby food and beverage from outside the theatre, visit our suggestions and directory here.
- Our space fits up to 150 people with limited handicap capacity. If you need special seating accommodations, please contact immediately.
If you post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, use the hashtag #AmericanIdiotPDX in your post so we can see it! We're going to do something special this year and need your help and participation to make this work out! See you in June!